Activities of IIC: Dreams and Challenges
- Conduct research to innovate new thoughts and ideas on the area of business and industries;
- Explore and develop potential new entrepreneurs to implement the innovated ideas into practice;
- Arrange incubation support to make a close tie and co-ordination between innovation and practice.
- Introduce post-training counselling, consultancy and technical assistance services on package basis for probable entrepreneurs those who like to start a business or industry;
- Adopt Public-Private Partnership (PPP) on the basis of financial viability;
- Keep educated youths as the main target of entrepreneurship development programs;
- Consider international market as the main focus of IIC and IIC supported entrepreneur’s products.
Develop IIC as a Centre of South Asian reference for innovative ideas and Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model in the area of business and industries by 2020.
- Existing Resources/Strength
- A land of about 10 acres at Gozaria;
- MOU with BSCIC and its training institute SCITI;
- Limited manpower but dedicated to its vision;
- Academic support by different Faculties of DIU and
- operational guideline support by its Management
- Strong policy level commitment with high ambition.
- Existing/Proposed Activities
- Conduct training programs (Management and Skill Development) immediately in collaboration with BSCIC and independently in future;
- Provide pre and post investment counselling, consultancy technical assistance support to the students/trainees/individuals who like to develop their career as an entrepreneur;
- Develop standard Project Profile, Credit Proposal, Market Feasibility Report etc. for consultancy services;
- Keep contact with different govt. and non-govt. organizations and trade bodies for assistance and collaboration in different activities;
- Establish an ICT Park with an Incubation Laboratory at Ashulia/Gozaria;
- Send proposal to different donor agencies for technical and financial assistance;
- Sharing the experiences of successful entrepreneurs of home and abroad by arranging Lecture Programs (Public Lecture Series) with the audience of probable new entrepreneurs;
- Maintain a mini–Documentation Cell by collecting relevant publications with the aim to help the entrepreneurs for preparing their investment plan;
- Keep contact with other similar regional organizations with the aim to develop exchange programs;
- Conduct research on entrepreneurship development keeping liaison with other international R&D organizations of similar nature;
- Publish books, journals and other documents related to investment promotion;
- Other relevant activities as and when required.
- It’s a new Centre with very little experiences;
- Ideas for implementation are quite non-traditional for a private sector organization under a university;
- Most of the probable clients would be with very limited financial capability, technical knowledge and global understanding;
- Lot of competitors in the domestic and global market.
- Absence of such a culture to buy counselling, consultancy and technical services with high cost;
Conclusion with a Dream
Today a very few people know about IIC. But our dream shows a lot of people in South Asia will refer IIC as a Centre of innovative ideas and excellence. If it happens it will be the success of Daffodil Family.